Hi Pro Electronics services and expertise includes:
- Data collection and reporting
- Process and system visualization
- Machine and system control
- Fault handling and machine maintenance
- Configuration and management of databases and data storage
- Custom web, dashboard, and report development
- Advanced and distributed networking
A Human Machine Interface (HMI) is the manner through which an operator can control a machine to perform its function. An HMI can be as simple as the lever on a toaster, but is generally used in reference to a self-contained display panel that contains one or more screens to control a system. HMIs are also a critical component of most SCADA systems.
A well-developed HMI can improve operator efficiency, safety, and reduce machine downtime. Hi Pro Electronics collaborates with our clients to identify the elements needed for their HMI, then works with our in-house user interface (UI) designer and a full team of HMI programming experts to create sleek and modern interfaces tailored to your system.
SCADA System Development
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) is a system of software and hardware elements that allows industrial organizations to:
- Control industrial processes locally or at remote locations
- Monitor, gather, and process real-time data
- Directly interact with devices such as sensors, valves, pumps, motors, and more through human-machine interface (HMI) software
- Record events into a log file
SCADA systems are crucial for industrial organizations since they help to maintain efficiency, process data for smarter decisions, and communicate system issues to help mitigate downtime.
The basic SCADA architecture begins with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) or remote terminal units (RTUs). PLCs and RTUs are microcomputers that communicate with an array of objects such as factory machines, HMIs, sensors, and end devices, and then route the information from those objects to computers with SCADA software. The SCADA software processes, distributes, and displays the data, helping operators and other employees analyze the data and make important decisions.330330
For example, the SCADA system quickly notifies an operator that a batch of product is showing a high incidence of errors. The operator pauses the operation and views the SCADA system data via an HMI to determine the cause of the issue. The operator reviews the data and discovers that Machine 4 was malfunctioning. The SCADA system’s ability to notify the operator of an issue helps him to resolve it and prevent further loss of product.
Our experienced engineers have programmed HMI and SCADA solutions on numerous platforms from various vendors.
- SIMATIC WinCC (TIA Portal)
- WinCC Basic, Comfort, Advanced
- WinCC Professional
- SCADA system SIMATIC WinCC
- SCADA system SIMATIC WinCC OA (Open Architecture)
- WinCC Flex
- iX Software
- Information Designer
Citect (now Schneider Electric)